PT, MPT, OCS, COMT
Jarod Henry is a physical therapist, who is excited to bring his nearly 12 years of experience in orthopedic physical therapy to the Vail Valley!
A graduate of Wichita State University’s physical therapy program, Jarod has spent his career building a multimodal approach to physical therapy including manual techniques and active techniques to address all implicated tissue. Jarod enjoys working with patients who perform at the elite level, as well as those who aren’t yet aware of elite they can be, treating injuries that include anything from the foot and ankle all the way up to the neck and head (dizziness/ concussions)!
Jarod was the lead physical therapist for the Wichita Thunder hockey team in Wichita, as well as the Wichita Force arena football team in 2015. Jarod helped manage a clinic in Wichita, KS and was also the Wichita market’s clinical coordinator. Jarod is a Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist, as well as an Orthopedic Certified Specialist through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
Jarod enjoys running, biking, skiing, mud-runs, as well as lifting weights and fully believes that his activities outside the clinic help prepare him and allow him to understand the various obstacles that athletes of every level encounter.
Masters degree in Physical Therapy
Wichita State University
Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist Certification (COMT)
Ola Grimsby Institute
Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS)
American Physical Therapy Association; Orthopedic Section+
Bachelor of Arts in Exercise Science
Wichita State University
Academic Honors and Awards, Certifications
• Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT)
• Sound Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (SASTM) Certified
• Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS)
• Physical Therapy Class of 2006 Faculty Representative
• Senior Honor Men Candidate for Class of 2003-2004
• 2003 KAHPERD Exercise Science Student of the Year for WSU
• APTA member 2004-present; Orthopedic Section 2006-present
• KPTA member 2004-present
Special Duties and Interests
• Lead Therapist for the Wichita Thunder Hockey Team
• Co-Lead for Select Medical’s Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) Study Group
• Patient Care Committee Member
• Clinical Coordinator for market—duties include coding audits, reviewing letters of medical necessity, local market education
• Clinical Instructor Site Coordinator
• Manual Therapy
• Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
• Vestibular Care
• Knee and Hip injuries
• Shoulder Injuries
• Spine pain and Injuries
• Hand and Wrist Injuries
• Vail Integrative Medical Group
Physical Therapist Dec 2017—present
• NovaCare Rehabilitation
Physical Therapist Aug 2006—present
Clinical Coordinator May 2012—present
NovaCare Rehabilitation West Sept. 2008 – present
NovaCare Rehabilitation Northwest April 2012—2013
• Lecturer for Therapeutic Modalities
Wichita State University, Fall 2008 and 2009
• PRN Staff Physical Therapist
Lifecare Centers of America
Feb 2009—July 2009
• Intellistaff PRN Physical Therapist
Lifecare Centers of America –Andover, Feb 2007—Feb 2009
• Physical Therapist and Continuing Education Coordinator
NovaCare Rehabilitation, August 2006 –- Present
• Graduate Teaching Assistant
Wichita State University, Physical Therapy Dept. Mar.– Dec. 2005
• Wichita State University; shoulder lecture for orthopedics 2014-2015
• Book Proposal Reviewer; Elsevier Publishing. 2012
• Clinical Instructor; Physical Therapy and Physical Therapy Assistant Programs May2007—present
• Wichita State University; Doctorate of Physical Therapy Therapeutic Exercise Bootcamp; May 2009
• Wichita State University; Modality Lab practical clinical grader for the WSU Physical Therapy Dept; Fall 2006, 2007.
• Catholic Charities Food Drive; 2003, 2006; organizing, promoting, and collecting food goods for Catholic Charities via NovaCare.
The Effects of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction on Balance and Proprioception at 2 Months, 4 Months, and 6 Months Post-Operatively. (unpublished).
• Research assistant:
Cognitive Demands of Postural Stability in the Older Adult (Principal Investigators: Nicole L. Rogers, PhD, and Michael E. Rogers, PhD), 2003.